Coming to San Francisco’s Chinese New Year Parade? Join the CHSA Museum before the parade for a full day of programs to welcome in the Year of the Snake. Usher in the New Year at CHSA with a full day of family activities that include:
- Special Exhibition Opening “Hats Off! A Playful Collection of Chinese Children’s Hats” showing Qing Dynasty children’s hats recently donated to the CHSA collection from Leslie Selcow in memory of Jade Snow Wong.
- Exhibition program “Creative Spaces” premieres with new work by artists Leland Wong and Leon Sun
- 11:30am Tour of Frank Wong’s Miniatures with artist Frank Wong
- 1pm Dragon dance by the CHSA Museum Dragon Dance Team
- 1:30pm Crafts for Children – Make your own hat inspired by the vintage hats.
- 3pm Concert with Miss Janet the Planet and Uncle Charlie with Songs, Jokes, Puppets and Fun for ages 4 and up