CHSA is proud to partner with United States Capitol Historical Society (USCHS) and the Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) to present its public service campaign Asian Pacific American Legacy (APA Legacy). APA Legacy highlights the historic achievements of APA leaders in public service. During Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May, we celebrate the stories of hope and triumph among APAs, and through APA Legacy, we recognize the achievements of APA leaders whose contributions to society continue to inspire us to public service and community involvement. Through the remembrance of their actions we will continue to shape and impact American history.
Throughout the month of May, CHSA will share six videos featuring current and former Members of Congress from the APA community. Check this post at chsa.org for links to each video in the series.
- Dalip Singh Saund, California, U.S. House of Representatives (1957-1963)
- Daniel Inouye, Hawaii, U.S. House of Representatives (1959-1963), U.S. Senate (1963-2012)
- Patsy Mink, Hawaii, U.S. House of Representatives (1965-1977), U.S. House of Representatives (1990-2002)
- Norman Mineta, California, U.S. House of Representatives (1975-1995)
- Bobby Jindal, Louisiana, U.S. House of Representatives (2005-2008)
- Judy Chu, California, U.S. House of Representatives (2009 – Current)