Join CHSA’s book club meetings! We will discuss various books and readings related to Chinese American history and San Francisco’s Chinatown. While this is a free event, a $5 donation is suggested so that CHSA may continue provide free programming.
During the shelter-in-place, this program has will be a round table discussion related to Community Connections. Join this discussion on the books, films, and TV shows that have kept you entertained. Or, tell us what you have been missing about Chinatown. We want to stay connected as a community during this time apart!
You can also help us by letting us know which books you want to read over the summer! Some books we are considering include:
- More Memories of Growing Up in San Francisco’s Chinatown by Edmund S. Wong
- The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
- The White Devil’s Daughters by Julia Flynn Siler
- Hollywood Chinese by Arthur Dong
- Mountain Movers edited by Russell Jeung, Karen Umemoto, Harvey Dong, Eric Mar, Lisa Hirai Tsuchitani, & Arnold Pan