CHSA wants to partner with community members to create public programming that promotes the legacy and contributions of Chinese in America by offering events that are stimulating and pertinent. If you would like to recommend a program, please submit a proposal package.
Please note: At this time, we are scheduling online programs for the second half of 2021 and beyond. You can see examples of past programs on our YouTube channel.
The 1-2 page program proposal should include the following:
- Title of the program (5-10 words)
- Description of the program
- 1-2 paragraphs highlighting the description of the program
- Description of the intended audience
- Proposed schedule (we recommend 90 minutes for online programs)
- Format of the program (i.e., presentation, panel discussion, interview, moderated discussion)
- 2-3 Potential Program Dates & Timeframes
- We recommend programs be on Saturdays, 1pm-2:30pm
- 30 minutes of programs are reserved for Q&A
- Biography of all potential participants
- Each biography is limited to 1 page
- Headshot of each participant (separate JPEG/PNG file)
- 3 or more images/visuals/media related to the program (with media credit information) that can be used for program marketing (separate JPEG/PNG file)
- Contact information (email and phone number) of the point person
- If your public program proposal is related to a published book or film, please send a desk copy for CHSA to review
- Any other information or material that could help with marketing the event
All programming proposals must be in line with the overall mission of the museum and adhere to CHSA’s values. To learn more about CHSA, please see our About page. To explore the kinds of events we have produced in the past, please see our Events page.
All proposals should be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit the proposal in a Microsoft or Google Doc. The subject heading should state Program Proposal.
Program proposals will be reviewed once a month and you should receive a response within 60 days of the proposal submission date.
Click here to download a copy of the program proposal.