- This event has passed.
Celebrate the Year of the Rooster
February 11, 2017
Join the Chinese Historical Society of America Museum before the Chinese New Year Parade for a full day of programs to welcome the Year of the Rooster! Museum admission is FREE this day, so be sure to bring your friends and family to enjoy our landmark exhibit on the Chinese immigration story to the United States- Chinese American: Exclusion/Inclusion as well as the many programs we have planned around the Year of the Rooster festivities!
Saturday, February 11th Program Schedule:
- 10:00am: Museum doors open
- 11:00am: Lion dance to welcome visitors in Joice Alley
- 11:30am: “Festive and Fortuitous Food of the Chinese New Year” Presentation on the Year of the Rooster and book signing with Rosemary Gong in the Learning Center *limited seating
- 12:30pm – end of the day at 4:00pm: Arts & Crafts for the Family in the Learning Center. Create and take home some fun Chinese New Year themed crafts
- 1:30pm: Storytelling with Frank Wong in the Yick Gallery *limited seating
- 4:00pm: Museum doors close
- 5:15pm – 8:00pm: Chinese New Year Parade from Market & Second Street to Kearny & Jackson
RSVP below or on Eventbrite.com >