- This event has passed.
CHSA Celebrates the Year of the Ram
March 7, 2015 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Coming to San Francisco’s Chinese New Year Parade? Join the CHSA Museum before the parade for a full day of programs to welcome the Year of the Ram. Featuring: “Living in Chinatown: Memories in Miniature by Frank Wong” as seen in the SF Chronicle. Usher in the New Year at CHSA with a full day of family activities including live music, gallery tours, new exhibits, a dragon dance performance, and more!
From Manchu to China Chic: The evolution of the qipao – curated by Sally Yu Leung
The Forgotten Art of Lion Dance Puzzles – curated by Corey Chan
- 12pm: Dragon dance performed by Corey Chan & Kei Lun Martial Arts
- 12:30pm: “The Forgotten Art of Lion Dance Puzzles” – presentation by Corey Chan
- 1pm: Artist Frank Wong speaks about his Chinatown Miniatures
- 2pm: Donor Appreciation & New Exhibits Reception
– Unveiling of new donor wall displays in the Donor Legacy Gallery
– Rick Quan will talk about the Chinatown Memories Project and presenting the newest video on Dr. Alfred Lee