Francis Wong, (415) 378-9798
SEPTEMBER 19, 2014
VOICE & VISION GALA 2014 TO HONOR FRANK WONG; GORDON CHANG; RAILROAD WORKER DESCENDANTS
Chinese Historical Society of America (CHSA) is having its annual Voice & Vision Gala 2014. Guests are invited to celebrate the achievements of History Makers in the Chinese American community. CHSA is pleased to invite members of the press to interview any our wonderful honorees.
- History Maker recipient Frank Wong, artist famed for exquisite Chinatown miniatures and was featured in Chronicle article
- History Maker recipient Gordon H. Chang Ph.D, Stanford University professor and a leader in Asian American Studies
- Descendants of Chinese railroad workers, some of whom were present at the Department of Labor’s Hall of Honor induction ceremony of the Chinese railroad workers in May 2014 in Washington, DC.
- District Supervisor David Chiu
- Local Emmy award winning newscaster Rick Quan is hosting the event
WHEN: Saturday, September 20 2014. 6 PM reception, 7 PM dinner.
WHERE: Four Seasons Hotel at 757 Market Street, San Francisco CA 94103
Chinese Historical Society of America is the oldest organization in the country dedicated to the documentation, study, and presentation of Chinese American history and culture. CHSA operates a Museum and Learning Center, located in the landmark Julia Morgan-designed Chinatown YWCA building. Through exhibitions, publications, and educational and public programming, CHSA promotes the contributions of Chinese Americans and preserves the legacy of Chinese America.