submit a program
CHSA wants to partner with community members to create public programming that:
- Promote the legacy and contributions of Chinese in America
- Empower the larger AAPI community
- Support historic intercultural solidarity movements. If you would like to recommend a program, please submit a proposal package.
The 1-2 page program proposal should include the following:
- Title of the program (5-10 words)
- Description of the program
- 1-2 paragraphs highlighting the description of the program
- Description of the intended audience
- Proposed schedule (we recommend 90 minutes for both in-person programs and online programs)
- Format of the program (i.e., presentation, panel discussion, interview, moderated discussion)
- 2-3 Potential Program Dates & Timeframes
- We recommend programs be on Saturdays and Sundays, 1pm-2:30pm
- 30 minutes of programs are typically reserved for Q&A
- Biography of all potential participants
- Each biography is limited to 1 page
- Headshot of each participant (separate JPEG/PNG file)
- 3 or more images/visuals/media related to the program (with media credit information) that can be used for program marketing (separate JPEG/PNG file)
- Contact information (email and phone number) of the point person
- If your public program proposal is related to a published book or film, please send a desk copy for CHSA to review
- Any other information or material that could help with marketing the event
All programming proposals must be in line with the overall mission of the museum and adhere to CHSA’s values. To learn more about CHSA, please see our About page. To explore the kinds of events we have produced in the past, please see our Events page.
All proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit the proposal as a PDF. The subject heading should state “Program Proposal”.
Program proposals will be reviewed once a month and you should receive a response within 60 days of the proposal submission date.
Please contact us with any questions online or at (415) 391-1188 x109. Thank you for your support!
965 Clay Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Mon – Tue: Closed
Wed – Sun: 11 A.M. – 4 P.M.