There are many opportunities for you to be involved in our exciting work. Our volunteers provide assistance in a range of activities, including research and cataloguing, greeting visitors, clerical work, and staffing the Admissions Desk. A volunteer is expected to provide a regular commitment of time, ranging from one half day to several days per week. The Museum is open to the public six days a week, and volunteers are utilized at all times. Opportunities for volunteers are always changing depending upon the needs of the museum. Please complete the online volunteer application to get started.
Over the summer, CHSA Staff and Interns have been developing new, digital content so that the museum is still accessible to the public online. As the new school begins, we hope to continue to expand our online offerings. New, online opportunities include:
- Online Event Assistant-Assist with moderating online programs, monitoring chat rooms, and organizing the Q&A portion of events. Familiarity with Zoom is helpful, but not necessary.
- Community Connections-Write blog posts for our Community Connection series. Volunteers can also help edit incoming submissions. Click here for past examples.
- Digital Content-Help create new digital content for CHSA, such as online exhibits.
- Online Tour Guide-Lead school and public tour groups through CHSA’s digital Chinese American: Exclusion/Inclusion. Familiarity with Zoom and Powerpoint is helpful, but not necessary.
- Education-Assist in creating new educational content for CHSA’s digital Chinese American: Exclusion/Inclusion exhibition, such as developing new online workshops.