Thank you for your interest in visiting the Chinese Historical Society of America Museum.
We offer several educational experiences, including a docent tour of our permanent exhibit, Chinese American: Exclusion/Inclusion, Chinatown walking tour, and workshops related to identity, migration, power dynamics, and storytelling.
To make a reservation, please fill out the entire form below. Remember to press the submit button at the bottom of the form. Note: Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
If you have any questions about your visit or have not heard back from us within a week, please call (415) 391-1188 x101.
Group Reservation Policies for Payment, Refunds or Cancellations
Requests are processed in the order received. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 391-1188 ext. 101 if further clarification is needed. Once a reservation is confirmed, a group will have to place a non-refundable deposit of 15% within 48 hours to ensure the reservation is held.
- Title I Schools: CHSA offers admission waivers for Title I schools. Please indicate your school’s status on your reservation form. Once a reservation is confirmed, the group will have to place a $50 deposit within 48 hours to hold the reservation.
We offer several payment options:
- Credit Card Payment: Credit card payments can be made online.
- Check Payment: The check must arrive before or on the day of the your scheduled visit date. Please write the invoice number in the memo section of your check.
- Payment at the Door: If you cannot pay before your scheduled visit, we can process cash, check or credit card payments at our admission desk. We ask that you bring a copy of your invoice with you. Without an invoice number, we will be unable to offer you the group reservation price. We also ask that you collect the money from your group members before arriving to the museum.
Cancellation or Rescheduling
The museum incurs significant staffing costs for cancellations or no shows. If your group does not notify us ahead of time, you are responsible for the full amount of the reservation.
Cancellations can be sent via email to email@example.com. Your cancellation will be considered final once you will receive an email response. You will be refunded your payment based on when you cancelled. All refunds incur a processing fee.
Rescheduling requests can also be done over the phone or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to accommodate your new proposed date, but cannot guarantee a spot. Please send at least two new dates as part of your request so that we can make the best effort to meet your needs.
All refunds have a processing fee. Below is our refund policy depending on when your group cancels their visit.
- Before 21 days: 85% of your fee will be refunded
- 7 – 20 days: 50% of your fee will be refunded
- Under 7 days: No refund
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!